Waiting on God

Elisabeth Elliot

I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one's thoughts.

Truly my heart waits silently for God; my deliverance comes from Him, in truth He is my rock of deliverance, my tower of strength, so that I stand unshaken. Trust always in God, my people, pour out your hearts before Him.

God is our shelter.

A roof over our heads.

A hedge.

A windbreak.

A warm coat.

Shelter from fear. Shelter from attack - from onslaughts of doubt that God would take care of everything if I would simply trust Him - what if I didn't. Waiting silently is the hardest thing of all. But the things that we feel most deeply about we ought to learn to be silent about, at least until we have talked them over thoroughly with God.